Be the best you can be with Level 1 & 2 training and a guaranteed job offer
Niseko – Level One and Two Internship Pro ( Ski or Snowboard )
23th Nov – 15th Mar
Early-booking discount: Book and pay your deposit before 31st May and join this course for JPY 849,000 (Approx $7,579 USD) .
The above schedule refers to arrival and departure dates. The accommodations may be available for additional days after these dates for those that wish to enjoy a longer season into spring.
These Instructor Internships are for high intermediate and above skiers/riders who wish to train towards both the Level One and Level Two instructor certifications and take up a guaranteed instructor job for a local school ( In English ) and maximize skiing time throughout the winter season.
- Season lift pass
- Twin share accommodations during initial training and certification ( 1 month )
- Over 175 hours of top-level, on-snow instructor training, working towards the New Zealand Level one and Two standards
- A Guaranteed job offer working in a ski school*
- Video analysis training
- Technical and theory sessions
- Freestyle and powder coaching
- NZSIA/SBINZ Level One exam (5 days)
- NZSIA/SBINZ Level Two training
- NZSIA/SBINZ course manual
- NZSIA/SBINZ membership
- Return transfers to Sapporo New Chitose International Airport
- Welcome night and orientation
- 2-day backcountry safety and avalanche awareness course
- Trips to the Sapporo Snow Festival and other ski areas
- Instructor Uniform provided for Instructor work
* Work will be scheduled during the main peak holidays, with training scheduled outside of these periods.
What’s Not Included?
- Airfares – you need to book your own flights into Sapporo Chitose Airport
- Rent – Accommodations will be arranged for the duration of the courses. Rent payments wil be required once you start work ( after the first included month of accommodations )
- Insurance – you’ll require insurance with off-piste cover included
- Equipment – you need your own equipment setup (discounts available through Rhythm snowsports shop if you want to purchase gear here)
- Level 2 certification Examination – The examination is an option for candidates that wish to take the examination at the end of the season
- Children’s Teaching Certification – SB 3 days, SKI 2 days
Why is the Children’s Teaching Certification not included in the price?
The Children’s Teaching Certificate is an additional qualification that will prepare you for teaching in a snow school and make you more employable. We recommend this course to everyone as it will also help to polish your teaching skills in preparation for the Level Two, but it’s your decision at the end of the day.
Work Visas and the “Seasonaire” Option
To work in Niseko requires a working holiday visa. That being said, if you do not wish to work (or you are not eligible for a working holiday visa), you can still take advantage of a full season of training in the Niseko’s famous powder paradise on the Level 1 & 2 `Seasonaire` Internship.
We offer a “seasonaire” option on this course, which gives you all the same benefits and inclusions for the same fees, without the work component. ( if you wish to gain work experience we recommend you consider the Kiroro internship where it is possible to gain instructor work experience as part of that course )
Accommodations are arranged for you on the Level 1 and 2 Internship Pro programs. Accommodation rent is charged once you start work ( after the first month of the course ) The rooms are comfortable, with communal facilities. There are also some limited single accommodations available ( please enquire early if required )
Is this Instructor Internship for you?
This course is for you if you are a high-intermediate Skier/Rider or above and ANY of the following applies to you:
- You know you need to work on your skiing/Riding but you would like improve to reach instructor levels and are committed to gaining your instructor certifications;
- Would like to gain as many certifications as possible in one season;
- Would love be in Japan and enjoy a full season in powder paradise;
- You are concerned that your skiing level is not yet that strong and you would prefer a full season to work on gaining your instructor certification;
- You would like to take up a guaranteed job offer as part of the course.
- You Would like to improve as much as possible over the season and train towards level 2 certification