Enjoy the best of the Niseko winter with our most comprehensive two month season program. Train to gain internationally recognised New Zealand (SBINZ) qualifications, work on your freestyle riding, back country powder riding, touring , avalanche awareness and explore the area.
03rd Jan – 29th Feb 2020
Early-booking discount: Book and pay your deposit before 31st May and join this course for JPY 895,000 ( 7,995 US$ ).
The above schedule refers to arrival and departure dates. The accommodations may be available for additional days before and after these dates for those that wish to stay a little longer. Courses are also available without accommodations.
Our 8 Week instructor course is for intermediate and above level snowboarders who wish to improve their riding, including freestyle, powder, back country and basic touring . The course is designed to help candidates work towards instructor levels and includes internationally recognised SBINZ Level 1 certification. A great way to improve your riding and enjoy the best of The Niseko winter season.
- Niseko United 4-mountain season pass
- 8 weeks of comfortable, twin share lodge accommodations
- Over 80 hours of top-level, on-snow instructor training and certification for the SBINZ Level One instructor qualifications
- Over 50 hours of further developmental training towards level 2 certification standards, including freestyle and powder coaching
- Video analysis training
- Freestyle and powder coaching
- SBINZ Level One exam (5 days)
- SBINZ course manual
- NZSIA/SBINZ membership
- Return transfers to Sapporo New Chitose International Airport
- Welcome night and orientation
- 2-day backcountry safety and avalanche awareness course
- Trips to the Sapporo Snow Festival
- Trips to other ski areas and backcountry touring
- Our support. We live in Niseko year round and are actively involved in the training, sharing the pow, partying and helping you make your season the experience of a lifetime. We started the first ever training courses in Japan in 2006 and so you can rest easy knowing you are with the experts in instructor training programs in Japan.
What’s Not Included?
- Airfares – you need to book your own flights into Sapporo Chitose Airport
- Insurance – you’ll require 2 months insurance with off-piste cover included
- Meals – eat out or cook your own, you choose
- Equipment – you need your own snowboard setup (discounts available through Rhythm snowsports shop if you want to purchase gear here)
- Children’s Teaching Certification – 3 days (optional extra instructing certification for those who are really dedicated to becoming a snowboard instructor)
- SBINZ Level 2 certification examination – 6 days(optional extra instructing certification for those who are really dedicated to becoming a ski instructor)
The 8-week course price is inclusive of accommodation. We place all our trainees in twin share lodge accommodation. All the accommodations are warm and comfortable, with kitchen facilities, laundry and of course wireless internet.
The standard course price is based on a twin-share basis. It is possible to request a single room at an additional cost if booked early enough. If you require your own room, please specify this when you first get in touch.
Is this Snowboard Instructor Training Course for you?
This course is for you if you are an intermediate Rider or above and ANY of the following applies to you:
- You know you need to work on your riding and are committed improve to instructor certification levels;
- Would like to work on your freestyle and powder riding;
- Would like to explore the backcountry for powder riding and also basic touring;
- You are keen to study more about backcountry safety and avalanche awareness;
- Would love be in Niseko for a full 8 weeks and enjoy the best of the season in powder paradise.