Train to become a snowboard instructor, gain New Zealand (SBINZ) qualifications and get PAID teaching experience during the season. Enjoy the best of the Niseko winter with our most comprehensive programme.
Early-booking discount: Save 50,000 JP Yen on bookings made before 31st July 2013.
Our 13 Week ‘Work Placement’ instructor course is for intermediate and above skiers and snowboarders who are eligible for a Japanese Working Holiday Visa, and wish to gain real life, paid teaching experience. This amazing opportunity is only available to a maximum of 8 skiers and 6 snowboarders. We limit the numbers on this course to ensure all our trainees get a work placement.
The above dates show the arrival date (December 1st) to the first departure (March 2nd, although you could depart on March 1st if absolutely necessary). The accommodation is available for additional days after this date for those that wish to stay a little longer.
- Niseko United 4-mountain season pass
- Over 200 hours of top-level, on-snow instructor training, working towards the SBINZ Level Two standards
- A snow school work placement with PAID teaching experience for up to 3 weeks
- One-to-one training sessions
- Video analysis training
- Freestyle and powder coaching
- SBINZ Level One exam (5 days)
- SBINZ Level Two exam (5 days)
- SBINZ course manual
- SBINZ membership
- Return transfers to Sapporo New Chitose International Airport
- Welcome night and orientation
- 2-day backcountry safety and avalanche awareness course
- Snowboard tuning session
- Trips to the Sapporo Snow Festival and other ski areas
What’s Not Included?
- Airfares – you need to book your own flights into Sapporo Chitose Airport
- Insurance – you’ll require 3 months insurance with off-piste cover included
- Meals – eat out or cook your own, you choose
- Equipment – you need your own ski setup (discounts available through Rhythm snowsports shop if you want to purchase gear here)
- Children’s Teaching Certification – 3 days (optional extra instructing certification for those who are really dedicated to becoming a ski instructor)
Why is the Children’s Teaching Certification not included in the price?
The Children’s Teaching Certificate is an additional qualification that will prepare you for teaching in a snow school and make you more employable. We recommend this 3-day course to everyone as it will also help to polish your teaching skills in preparation for the Level Two, but it’s your decision at the end of the day. The cost of this is 30,000 JPY.
Our course prices are inclusive of accommodation. We place all our trainees in a 3 or 4 bedroom shared house in Country Resort. All the houses are super-modern (flat screens, drying rooms, wireless internet, satelite TV, you name it) and high-quality.
The standard course price is based on a twin-share basis. It is possible to request a single room at an additional cost if booked early enough. If you require your own room, please specify this when you first get in touch.
Become a Snowboard Instructor… Is this course for you?
This course is for you if you are an intermediate snowboarder or above, are eligible for a Japanese Working Holiday Visa, and ANY of the following applies to you:
- You know you need to work on your riding but you would like to become a snowboard instructor and are committed to gaining instructor certifications;
- Would like the opportunity to gain teaching experience and earn some money during the season;
- Would like to try working as a snowboard instructor;
- Would love be in Niseko for a full 13 weeks and enjoy pretty much a whole season in powder paradise.
Contact us today for more information on this unique ski instructor training course.