Have you recently gained your Ski or Snowboard Level One or Level Two certification? Looking for your first work placement but also want to continue to train towards your next level? Join us in the powder capital of the world, Niseko, Japan. Gain valuable work experience, continue your training, and ski or ride the best pow of your life!
11th Dec – 11th Mar
Early-booking discount: Book and pay your deposit before 31st July and join this course for JPY 945,000 ( approx. US$ 8,600 ).
The above schedule refers to arrival and departure dates. The accommodations may be available for additional days after these dates for those that wish to stay a little longer. Courses are also available without accommodations.
This Instructor Internship is for current Level One or Level Two instructors looking to train towards their next certification level and take up a job offer ( typically for 1 month over the busy periods ) whilst maximizing their skiing and riding time throughout the Niseko winter season.
- Niseko United 4-mountain Commercial Instructor’s Season Pass
- 4 months of comfortable, twin share house/cottage accommodations
- Over 140 hours of top-level, on-snow instructor training, working towards the NZSIA and SBINZ Level 2 or 3 standards
- Courses Included for Level 1 certified Instructors : Childrens and NZSIA L2 certification courses.
- Courses Included for Level 2 certified Instructors : Childrens certification and NZSIA L3 Pre courses
- Instructor job offer ( for candidates with a Japanese working holiday Visa )
- Back country safety and avalanche awareness course
- Back country touring trips
- Return transfers to Sapporo New Chitose International Airport
- Trips to the Sapporo Snow Festival and other ski areas
- Uniform provided for Instructor work
What’s Not Included?
- Airfares – you need to book your own flights into Sapporo Chitose Airport
- Insurance when you’re not working – you’ll require 4 months insurance with off-piste cover included
- Meals – eat out or cook your own, you choose
- Equipment – you need your own ski or snowboard setup
- For Level 2 certified Instructors : The level 3 certification exam is available as an option.
Work Visas and the “Seasonaire” Option
To legally work and get paid teaching experience you must have a valid working holiday visa. That being said, if you do not wish to work (or you are not eligible for a working holiday visa), you can still take advantage of a full season of training in the Niseko’s famous powder paradise.
We offer a “seasonairre” option on this career development course, which gives you all the same benefits and inclusions for the same cost, minus the work component. Instead, you get more freeski/freeride time in which to explore the backcountry, ride the park or just get as many laps as you can. ( Note lesson shadowing and volunteer lesson options will be made available )
The Instructing Internship price is inclusive of accommodation. We place all our trainees in shared lodge accommodations. All the accommodations are warm and comfortable, with kitchen facilities, laundry and of course wireless internet.
The standard price is based on a twin-share basis. It is possible to request a single room at an additional cost if booked early enough. If you require your own room, please specify this when you first get in touch.
Is the Niseko Instructor Development Internship for you?
This course is for you if you are a Level one or Two certified instructor and ANY of the following applies to you:
- Now you have your first levels of certification you are keen to gain paid work experience as an Instructor;
- You would like to continue your training towards your next certification level;
- Would love be in Niseko for a full four months and enjoy pretty much a whole season in powder paradise;
- The opportunity to ski or ride, train and work in Niseko for a whole season has you digging out your gear and looking for a powder setup!