Train to become a ski or snowboard instructor and gain internationally recognised New Zealand (NZSIA / SBINZ) qualifications. Work for a local School ( In English ) and enjoy a whole four month winter season in powder heaven.
25th Nov – 31st Mar
Early-booking discount: Book and pay your deposit before 31st July and join this course for JPY 1,045,000 ( approx. US$ 9,400 ).
The above schedule refers to arrival and departure dates. The accommodations may be available for additional days after these dates for those that wish to stay a little longer. Courses are also available without accommodations.
This Instructor Internship is for high intermediate and above skiers and snowboarders who wish to train towards both the Level One and Level Two instructor certifications, undertake paid instructor work for a local school ( in English ) and maximize skiing and riding time throughout the Niseko winter season.
- Niseko United 4-mountain season pass
- 4 months of comfortable, twin share lodge accommodations
- Over 200 hours of top-level, on-snow instructor training, working towards the NZSIA and SBINZ Level Two standards
- A job offer in a local school
- Video analysis training
- Technical and theory sessions
- Freestyle and powder coaching
- NZSIA or SBINZ Level One exam (5 days)
- NZSIA or SBINZ Level Two exam (7 or 5 days)
- NZSIA or SBINZ course manual
- NZSIA/SBINZ membership
- Return transfers to Sapporo New Chitose International Airport
- Welcome night and orientation
- 2-day backcountry safety and avalanche awareness course
- Trips to the Sapporo Snow Festival and other ski areas
What’s Not Included?
- Airfares – you need to book your own flights into Sapporo Chitose Airport
- Insurance – you’ll require 4 months insurance with off-piste cover included
- Meals – eat out or cook your own, you choose
- Equipment – you need your own ski or snowboard setup (discounts available through Rhythm snowsports shop if you want to purchase gear here)
- Children’s Teaching Certification – 3 days (optional extra instructing certification for those who are really dedicated to becoming a snowboard instructor)
Why is the Children’s Teaching Certification not included in the price?
The Children’s Teaching Certificate is an additional qualification that will prepare you for teaching in a snow school and make you more employable. We recommend this 3-day course to everyone as it will also help to polish your teaching skills in preparation for the Level Two, but it’s your decision at the end of the day. The cost of this is 39,000 JPY.
Work Visas and the “Seasonaire” Option
To legally work and get paid teaching experience you must have a valid working holiday visa. That being said, if you do not wish to work (or you are not eligible for a working holiday visa), you can still take advantage of a full season of training in the Niseko’s famous powder paradise.
We offer a “seasonairre” option on this course, which gives you all the same benefits and inclusions for the same cost, minus the work experience. Instead, you get more freeski/freeride time in which to explore the backcountry, ride the park or just get as many laps as you can.
The Instructing Internship price is inclusive of accommodation. We place all our trainees in shared lodge accommodations. All properties are warm and comfortable, with kitchen facilities, laundry and of course wireless internet.
The standard price is based on a twin-share basis. It is possible to request a single room at an additional cost if booked early enough. If you require your own room, please specify this when you first get in touch.
Is this Instructor Internship for you?
This course is for you if you are a high-intermediate level (or above) Skier or Rider and ANY of the following applies to you:
- You know you need to work on your skiing or riding but you would like to become a ski or snowboard instructor and are committed to gaining instructor certifications;
- Would like to gain as many certifications as possible in one season;
- Would love be in Niseko for a full four months and enjoy pretty much a whole season in powder paradise;
- You are concerned that your skiing/Riding level is not yet that strong and you would prefer a full season to work on gaining your instructor certification;
- You would like to take up a paid job offer as part of the course to improve your employment prospects and supplement your spending money.