Train to become a ski instructor and gain internationally recognised New Zealand (NZSIA) qualifications. Work for a local School ( In English ) and enjoy a whole four month winter season in powder heaven.
25th Nov – 31st Mar
Early-booking discount: Book and pay your deposit before 31st July and join this course for JPY 799,000 (Approx $7,150 USD) .
The above schedule refers to arrival and departure dates. The accommodations may be available for additional days after these dates for those that wish to stay a little longer.
This Instructor Internship is for high intermediate and above skiers who wish to train towards both the Level One and Level Two ski instructor certifications, undertake paid instructor for a local school ( In English ) and maximize skiing time throughout the Kiroro winter season. Note that there are no Snowboard Internship positions available at Kiroro.
- Kiroro ski school season pass
- 4 months twin share staff accommodations
- 2 staff meals a day ( Lunch and Dinner )
- Over 200 hours of top-level, on-snow instructor training, working towards the NZSIA Level Two standards
- A job offer working with Kiroro Academy
- Video analysis training
- Technical and theory sessions
- Freestyle and powder coaching
- NZSIA Level One exam (5 days)
- NZSIA Level Two exam (7 days)
- NZSIA course manual
- NZSIA membership
- Return transfers to Sapporo New Chitose International Airport
- Welcome night and orientation
- 2-day backcountry safety and avalanche awareness course
- Trips to the Sapporo Snow Festival and other ski areas
What’s Not Included?
- Airfares – you need to book your own flights into Sapporo Chitose Airport
- Insurance – you’ll require 4 months insurance with off-piste cover included
- Equipment – you need your own ski setup (discounts available through Rhythm snowsports shop if you want to purchase gear here)
- Children’s Teaching Certification – 3 days (optional extra instructing certification for those who are really dedicated to becoming a snowboard instructor)
Why is the Children’s Teaching Certification not included in the price?
The Children’s Teaching Certificate is an additional qualification that will prepare you for teaching in a snow school and make you more employable. We recommend this 3-day course to everyone as it will also help to polish your teaching skills in preparation for the Level Two, but it’s your decision at the end of the day. The cost of this is 39,000 JPY.
All Kiroro Interns are placed in Kiroro’s staff accommodation for the season, alongside other Japanese and Western staff. The rooms are comfortable, with communal facilities (twin-share basis)
Is this Instructor Internship for you?
This course is for you if you are a high-intermediate Skier or above and ANY of the following applies to you:
- You know you need to work on your skiing but you would like improve your skiing to reach instructor levels and are committed to gaining your instructor certifications;
- Would like to gain as many certifications as possible in one season;
- Would love be in Japan for a full four months and enjoy pretty much a whole season in powder paradise;
- You are concerned that your skiing level is not yet that strong and you would prefer a full season to work on gaining your instructor certification;
- You would like to take up a paid job offer as part of the course.
- You would like to take the best value for money instructor course , which also includes 2 meals a day for the duration of the 4 month course