Enjoy the best of the Niseko winter with our most comprehensive two month season program. Improve your skiing to internationally recognised New Zealand (NZSIA) instructor levels and work on your freestyle and back country powder skiing. The course also includes back country touring and a back country safety and avalanche awareness course.
7th Jan – 3rd March
Early-booking discount: Book and pay your deposit before 31st July and join this course for JPY 845,000 ( 7,800 US$ ).
The above schedule refers to arrival and departure dates. The accommodations may be available for additional days after these dates for those that wish to stay a little longer. Courses are also available without accommodations.
Our 8 Week instructor course is for intermediate and above level Skiers who wish to improve their skiing, including freestyle, powder, back country and basic touring . The course includes working towards internationally recognised NZSIA Level 1 certification. A great way to improve your Skiing and enjoy the best of The Niseko winter season.
- Niseko United 4-mountain season pass
- 8 weeks of comfortable, twin share lodge accommodations
- Over 150 hours of top-level, on-snow instructor training, working towards the NZSIA Level One standards
- Video analysis training
- Freestyle and powder coaching
- NZSIA Level One exam (5 days)
- NZSIA course manual
- NZSIA membership
- Return transfers to Sapporo New Chitose International Airport
- Welcome night and orientation
- 2-day backcountry safety and avalanche awareness course
- Trips to the Sapporo Snow Festival
- Trips to other ski areas and back country touring
What’s Not Included?
- Airfares – you need to book your own flights into Sapporo Chitose Airport
- Insurance – you’ll require 2 months insurance with off-piste cover included
- Meals – eat out or cook your own, you choose
- Equipment – you need your own ski setup (discounts available through Rhythm snowsports shop if you want to purchase gear here)
- Children’s Teaching Certification – 3 days (optional extra instructing certification for those who are really dedicated to becoming a ski instructor)
The 8-week course price is inclusive of accommodation. We place all our trainees in twin share lodge accommodation. All the accommodations are warm and comfortable, with kitchen facilities, laundry and of course wireless internet.
The standard course price is based on a twin-share basis. It is possible to request a single room at an additional cost if booked early enough. If you require your own room, please specify this when you first get in touch.
Is this Ski Instructor Training Course for you?
This course is for you if you are an intermediate Skier or above and ANY of the following applies to you:
- You know you need to work on your skiing and are committed improve to instructor certification levels;
- Would like to work on your freestyle and powder skiing ;
- Would like to explore the back country for powder Skiing and also basic touring . ;
- You are keen to study more about backcountry safety and avalanche awareness ;
- Would love be in Niseko for a full 8 weeks and enjoy the best of the season in powder paradise.